Signage and Branding on the Court

 Firstly, I would like to say a large thank you to everyone who has decided to follow along. The amount of support I've gotten is so inspiring and frankly slightly overwhelming but in the best possible way! I hope that going forward I touch on everything that you are interested in hearing about. Everything I bring up will be a mix of my opinion and facts uncovered as the tournament progresses.

That being said in this blog post I want to talk about the signage and branding going on in the tournament. Last night I was watching the Iowa State vs UT Arlington women's game and noticed something really weird, the players were running right over the march madness court logo and it was glitching in and out. We had to pause the game and rewind it to make sure we weren't going crazy. That's when we realized that the logo wasn't really there on the court. Shoot, it wasn't there on the court in Carver and I didn't even notice. Now compare that to the men's court which has march madness branding all over it. I know the argument is that the men play on fully neutral courts so of course their court is fully branded because the NCAA had time to do so. My argument is did the NCAA really not have time to send a sticker? All these women have been fighting so long to get to use the March Madness logo but won't even get to see it in person on their courts until the Sweet Sixteen. I understand not having time to ship a whole new branded court but in my opinion, a sticker doesn't seem that hard. I've included pictures of the courts I'm talking about.





Comments

Popular Posts